[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    
   
[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Join requests: Fantasy Keeper League

Requests to join the Keeper league can be placed here. If accepted, you will be allowed into the Keeper League forum.
User avatar
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 am
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm
I'm in, sign me up! I'm not entirely sure on a team right now but I'm leaning towards "Rampage".
Image
User avatar
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 pm
Hi All. I will be the GM of the "Lakers".
GM of the Lakers
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 am
zackman35 wrote:I'm in, sign me up! I'm not entirely sure on a team right now but I'm leaning towards "Rampage".


Registered (just edit your post if you change your mind about the team name)

Haboiler wrote:Hi All. I will be the GM of the "Lakers".


Registered! Welcome to both of you!

Remember to download the spreadsheet, add the team name to your signatures, reserve a post in the TEAM ROSTERS page, etc.
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:10 am
rtsen wrote:Hi all, i'm interested in joining the Keeper League. Team name:780AllStars


Hi, and welcome. Registered and accepted. Check the original post of this thread for what to do next!
Stay tuned!
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
User avatar
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 am
Bulldogs, of course....duh! :roll:
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 am
dawgtoy wrote:Bulldogs, of course....duh! :roll:


Registered! Good luck! :D
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
User avatar
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 pm
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 am
I've always wanted to do one of these... I'll go with the "Thunder"
Image
User avatar
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 am
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 pm
Apparently I can not access the forum when I click on Rule Book or tue excel sheet. And what is going on, are we still going to do a trial run with yahoo? Is POTF still ordering the daily stats updates? Are we still going to try head to head? I really think we should try the team vs team method in one form or another. And with tge last know method of scoring points defensive d-men seem a little under rated... I think they are a big part of the game, it's one thing to score goals but another to deny :p How about increasing the BLKs to 0.25 rather than 0.1? Haha just an idea. Hits I think are pretty good where they are at but I think BLKs could be increased a little.
Image
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm
samson wrote:I've always wanted to do one of these... I'll go with the "Thunder"


Sure. Check out the original post of this thread to get on top of things. Good luck!

zackman35 wrote:Apparently I can not access the forum when I click on Rule Book or tue excel sheet. And what is going on, are we still going to do a trial run with yahoo? Is POTF still ordering the daily stats updates? Are we still going to try head to head? I really think we should try the team vs team method in one form or another. And with tge last know method of scoring points defensive d-men seem a little under rated... I think they are a big part of the game, it's one thing to score goals but another to deny :p How about increasing the BLKs to 0.25 rather than 0.1? Haha just an idea. Hits I think are pretty good where they are at but I think BLKs could be increased a little.


You might need to be moved to the appropriate forum group by Racki (or Steve-o). I'll check if I can do it myself first though.

This league will be run entirely by us - no outside site. When you can download the excel sheet you'll get a better understanding of the going of things.

The head to head element, while attractive, is not viable with the current system. I am very sorry. It will be enough administration as it is, I believe. Maybe something to consider for the playoffs though. Right now my priority is to have about 20-25 player join and start the inaugural draft - which will take time!

Regarding blocks/hits and points. I've done some research (scouting, if you will) and find that the very best defensive d-men score enough points to be valuable with the current scoring system. Typically, a good defensive d-man will score high in both hits and blocks (as well as add some points here and there). When added up, I think the score reflects the d-man's ability and position relative to other player types (more value than a 3rd line grinder, less than a solid scoring forward).

Thanks for the feedback, Zack! :D
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
User avatar
General Manager
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:37 am
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:33 pm
Zack, you've been added to the POTF Keeper League forum, as has Samson.
Anyone else that made a team request here and can't see the "POTF Keeper League" forum, please let me know.

Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Boston, Mass
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 pm
I'm in. I'll go with the local high school name since I'm not creative...Tanners please.

Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 pm
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 pm
Hey everybody,

I am a brand new member, MG10, and I would like to join the keeper league. I am awful at choosing team names, but I will go with the "Serpents."
General Manager of the Serpents
User avatar
General Manager
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:37 am
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Heya B.O. and MG10.. welcome!

I think we're sitting somewhere around 15 or 16 teams now. Spots are going pretty quick!
User avatar
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:26 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm
Hey Guys, Alexander forwarded me here and i am excited to announce the debut of Skipton Icedogs HC
GM of the Lexington Lugers
User avatar
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 am
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:42 pm
I have a couple more suggestions. First, for the draft, I'm pretty sure we can set something up via yahoo, which should make the draft process go a ton easier, especially when picking on the later rounds. Secondly I think to make this leauges more authentic we should be choosing our forward roster by position (in reference to wings and centers) so we have at least four of each: leftwing; center; right wing. That way our roster page can look something like this as an example...

LW: T. HALL (3.425) - C: P. DATSYUK (6.250) - C/RW: C. GIROUX (5.200)

Note that these are my guesses toward the cap an also I think it would be fun making lines as well. Defense could be split L/R but I find that's so hard to follow, and goalies are self explanatory. If that's how we could do our forwards though I think it would make things a little more realistic. Anyways more of my two cents, and last time I tried the center tags didn't work...
Image
User avatar
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 pm
I am interested in joining. My team would be the "Sasquatch Milita" :)
General Manager of the Sasquatch Militia
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2015-16
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 am
Jfrizzio77 wrote:I am interested in joining. My team would be the "Sasquatch Milita" :)


Welcome ;) Nice to see you join! Registered!

rhbdken wrote:Hey Guys, Alexander forwarded me here and i am excited to announce the debut of Skipton Icedogs HC


Hi! Registered!

MG10 wrote:Hey everybody,
I am a brand new member, MG10, and I would like to join the keeper league. I am awful at choosing team names, but I will go with the "Serpents."


Sounds good!

Bostonoiler wrote:I'm in. I'll go with the local high school name since I'm not creative...Tanners please.


Challenge accepted I see. Good!


Good luck everyone. In case you cannot see the "POTF Keeper League" subforum yet (where standings, drafts and everything else is/will be posted), you're just awaiting approval by an administrator. Will be fixed soon! Cheers!
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 am
zackman35 wrote:I have a couple more suggestions. First, for the draft, I'm pretty sure we can set something up via yahoo, which should make the draft process go a ton easier, especially when picking on the later rounds. Secondly I think to make this leauges more authentic we should be choosing our forward roster by position (in reference to wings and centers) so we have at least four of each: leftwing; center; right wing. That way our roster page can look something like this as an example...

LW: T. HALL (3.425) - C: P. DATSYUK (6.250) - C/RW: C. GIROUX (5.200)

Note that these are my guesses toward the cap an also I think it would be fun making lines as well. Defense could be split L/R but I find that's so hard to follow, and goalies are self explanatory. If that's how we could do our forwards though I think it would make things a little more realistic. Anyways more of my two cents, and last time I tried the center tags didn't work...


1) I've checked yahoo for the possibility of drafting there, but it hasn't opened for registration yet. I didn't see when it opened, but we might have to get it going here at first (in case it does not turn out suitable to our draft needs, we'll have to get moving here sooner rather than later). Right now, we should have ample time. It just requires members to check in every now and then and keep up.

2) Positions have been limited to F/D/G for simplicity, but also because so many players play more than one position - especially forwards. NHL.com (as well as other sites) are also notoriously bad at getting these positions right, as we've seen with so many Oilers players listed.

Ultimately, my goal is to make the league as realistic as possible, but I have to keep things as simple as I can at the same time. Right now I think we've got a working system, but we'll see once the league gets going. The plan is to keep going over a long time, so there will surely be minor amendments in the off-seasons.
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
User avatar
General Manager
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:37 am
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am
Yahoo's draft would be up before season starts and would make it a lot easier to draft. Could even do part of the points calculation if it fits our roster makeup. Maybe.
User avatar
Coach
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:29 am
Racki wrote:Yahoo's draft would be up before season starts and would make it a lot easier to draft. Could even do part of the points calculation if it fits our roster makeup. Maybe.


Yes. But it would give us much less time to do the draft. And, if it somehow fails, we wouldn't make the start of the season at all. I think we'll be at around 25 GMs in just a few days, which will allow us to begin drafting quite soon. I am currently in the process of making a spreadsheet with player names, cap hits and general info - so everyone can keep tabs of their own. In addition, there'd be a post with updates on who's taken as we go along.

It may not be ideal, but I think we should go ahead with a forum based draft as soon as possible. I assume the first rounds will go by quite fast, but it'll probably slow down a bit as we go along.

I hope that's not a deal breaker...:D
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
PreviousNext

Return to Join Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron