[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Integration with the blog

This is the place to ask your help questions, as well as send any feedback or feature requests.
General Manager
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 am
A "feature request" by me, for me (well, for everyone.. but I mean, I have to add the feature :P).....

Integration between the forum and the blog.

Just letting you know I'm currently investigating a good way to link the Blog and the Forum together. One thing I found was this WP United plugin. This will be a very significant change to the forum and the blog. I haven't read too much up on it yet, but one feature is the login will be universal between the two.

I think I can also integrate the look/feel between the two. I specifically want the FOIL blog to overtake the header/footer of the forum (which it looks like I can).

This will likely come in the very near future.
General Manager
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm
Well, dodged a bullet there. I installed a tool called AutoMod and the install went slightly wrong. Got it fixed though.

We'll see how this thing works though, cause that's what I've got to use to install this complicated WP / forum integrator.

Bear with me though. The site might go tits up after I do run this update, but I'll recover it after if it does.

EDIT: Actually the idea is a bit scary now, because from what I've read this plugin doesn't work with newer versions of Wordpress. :shock:

Soooo... I'll have to find something else, me thinks.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:06 pm
Racki wrote:A "feature request" by me, for me (well, for everyone.. but I mean, I have to add the feature :P).....

Integration between the forum and the blog.

Just letting you know I'm currently investigating a good way to link the Blog and the Forum together. One thing I found was this WP United plugin. This will be a very significant change to the forum and the blog. I haven't read too much up on it yet, but one feature is the login will be universal between the two.

I think I can also integrate the look/feel between the two. I specifically want the FOIL blog to overtake the header/footer of the forum (which it looks like I can).

This will likely come in the very near future.

*bookmarks blog on laptop* :D
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 pm
I like your new Check out the Blog button. Lookin gooood.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 pm
Just as a heads up, I think I forgot to mention it...

There is stuff out there to join the blog and the forum, but it works only with older versions. I'm hoping that a newer one in development will not only work with this version but future versions. If joining the blog & forum makes me scared to update either of them to newer versions down the road, then this feature (while cool) isn't worth it.

Return to Help, Feedback & Feature Requests