[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Luongo Oiler Rumors

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 pm
TSNRyanRishaug: Asked ST if he had interest in Luongo.. Didn’t say no. “That’s not for me to talk about at this time”.

I dont like the sounds of that :S
GM of the Lexington Lugers
Coach
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm
Agree. Let's use this chance to see if we don't have a good option in net already. The length of the Luongo deal worries me more than his salary. We shouldn't get caught with this monstrosity now.

Not to speak of a potential price for Louuuuu, which isn't going to be pleasant in any viable scenario.
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm
First off.. I think Luongo is a good goalie in a bad situation (too much pressure in Vancouver).

If he came here, he'd be a good goalie in a somewhat equally bad situation.

If he went to Toronto, he'd be a good goalie in as bad a situation as it gets.

Soooo... why would Luongo waive his no trade to come to either Edmonton or Toronto? That's my one hope that prevents a deal with Edmonton ever happening.

He would be a phenomenal goaltender though if he could play in a situation where he wasn't expected to stop every puck and then score 4 goals at the other end. To me, that team is still Florida Panthers, or the like.

I also will agree with NorOil in that I hate the length of his deal.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 am
He's a great goalie with slight inconsistency in high-pressure situations (and a little too whiny for HL's personal taste- I hear all the Lu reports whether I want to or not).

I would take him over what we have now in a New York minute, if it weren't for the albatross contract.

I also didn't like the ambiguity of Tambo's response RDBken, - but I remembered he likes to play 'em close to the vest. And agree with Racki. don't see Bobby Lu wanting the Edm fishbowl. Slight chance a person might want "in" on the rebuild upswing - but I don't see that at this stage of his career. Why would he leave a team with a better-than-fair shot at the cup for a long shot (us)? Rather be a slave (demi-backup?) in heaven or a star in hell (T.O.)?

So where? To another really good team that doesn't have the cap space? I think he's gonna be sitting tight out here in Lotusland for a bit.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB

Return to Edmonton Oilers