[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Derek Stepan

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:31 pm
So, certainly as it pertains to the POTF League, I want him to sign for as little as possible, but here is a big physical center that is RFA, and the Rangers don't have a lot of room to sign him.

I would think - given the history between the two teams - that there could be a deal to be made to bring him to YEG.

Curious if others share my opinion that either an offer sheet or a trade for picks and prospects would fit with the Oilers' plans? The Rangers don't have $$ room to take on significant roster players.
The Heatwave will return in 2015!
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:37 am
Defensive upgrade on Gagner.. offense appears to be a wash, for now. That said, you have to wonder why the Oilers would do it. Unless you believe in 3 scoring lines, I can't see them bringing him in... well, unless Gagner is traded. Maybe if it involved a bigger deal that sent Gagner away for a 2-way D, or something. But other than that, I think the top six is covered. They'll likely just keep working with the devil they know and see if he can hone his d-game.

Return to Edmonton Oilers