[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Oilers TV Schedule

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 am
A few days old now, I think.. but the Oilers TV schedule was announced this week. Sportsnet picks up 60 games this year, with 17 of them on Sportsnet One.
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=72760

So far all but one of the pre-season games (that one vs. the Wild) will be watchable too. Four of them will be on the Oilers' website, one will be on TSN and one will be on CBC. Would be nice if they picked up that final game too, because while the Wild can be boring at the best of times, I'd like to watch as much of RNH and others as I can.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:31 am
Racki wrote:A few days old now, I think.. but the Oilers TV schedule was announced this week. Sportsnet picks up 60 games this year, with 17 of them on Sportsnet One.
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=72760

So far all but one of the pre-season games (that one vs. the Wild) will be watchable too. Four of them will be on the Oilers' website, one will be on TSN and one will be on CBC. Would be nice if they picked up that final game too, because while the Wild can be boring at the best of times, I'd like to watch as much of RNH and others as I can.

Screw SN1. Far as i know I still can't get it out here.
I was thinking of starting a "countdown to oilers hockey" thread but then thought it would be lame. I neeeeed hockey again.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:03 am
I still don't know if I'll be able to see ANY games this year.

The NHL rights in europe haven't been sold to broadcasters yet, or at least not announced, so no legal streams and no NHL on tv =(
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:15 am
Alan-NottsUK wrote:I still don't know if I'll be able to see ANY games this year.

The NHL rights in europe haven't been sold to broadcasters yet, or at least not announced, so no legal streams and no NHL on tv =(

Can't you get Center Ice?

o.o

I know if you don't live in NA you can get super cheap NBA/NFL live... if the NHL was smart they'd do the same. Realistically, ti lets them tap into a market that they previously didn't have.

Actually, I change my mind... the NHL would be stupid not to.
"You either drop sweat today, or tears tomorrow." - SlayerS'MMA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:17 am
What about NHL gamecentre? Streaming games from the NHL site I believe.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:00 pm
I did a review of NHL Game Center on the blog. I can honestly say that I loved it. Jay from Low On Oil mentioned to me that as a site owner I could request a free trial on the year to review it. I had some internet connection problems at the time which prevented me from fully enjoying it, but I saw the value in it. It was extremely cool.

http://puttingonthefoil.com/2010/07/nhl ... ve-review/

There's the review. I don't get anything out of recommending it to anyone. I just think it's a pretty cool product. It sucks for anyone who's team is based where they live cause they blackout those games. I couldn't even watch Calgary games. But for displaced fans, it's a very cool website.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:12 pm
game center is only for the US/Canada right now. I used center ice via ESPN player last season and it was awesome, though it ruined my sleeping patterns as a few people here will be able to tell you :p

However the rights deal for the NHL expired at the end of last season, and new companies took over the rights for the next 5 years, but they are yet to decide how the games will be distributed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51 pm
I have the Super Sports Pack which comes with Center Ice for NHL games. I'm pretty happy with it but it so pisses me off when they broadcast a game in standard definition when they are showing that gave in Hi-Def.
Special Thanks To Racki For The Signature!

Return to Edmonton Oilers