[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Dubnyk aims to be starter this year..

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:52 am
Story link

Let's hope he manages to do it, or at the very least Khabibulin gets his act together. But Dubnyk is more a part of this team's future than Khabibulin. I do like to hear though how supportive of each other these guys have been, and how Khabi's been a great mentor to Doobie (ya ya ya... I know what you're thinking ;) ).
Coach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 am
Hah, the way things look now, Dubnyk wouldn't have to aim for anything at all and still end up as the starter. A 50-55 game season for Doobie should be within grasp.
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 am
Well really, he should be the starter. But I recall hearing Renney say back in June-ish that Khabibulin was still starter, which caused us all great pains. This quote here though makes me think that sanity has returned to Oilerville:

Head Coach Tom Renney remarked several weeks ago that he thought Dubnyk was ready to make a charge for the starting role.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:48 am
I wish Doobie the best this year, it's ping to be tough though because even when he stood on his head last year there wasn't much we could do. I reeeeeaaalllyy hope he doesnt get injured, with him and Whitney out this team of ours would really have to step it up!
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 pm
12-13-8 with Doobie in net is a lot better than 10-32-4 with Khabi in net. Wow, that's embarrassing.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:46 pm
Racki wrote:Well really, he should be the starter. But I recall hearing Renney say back in June-ish that Khabibulin was still starter, which caused us all great pains. This quote here though makes me think that sanity has returned to Oilerville:

Head Coach Tom Renney remarked several weeks ago that he thought Dubnyk was ready to make a charge for the starting role.

I didn't hear this. Very encouraging!! Oil fans have been on the Dubie bandwagon for quite some time now, glad mgmt is willing to say it in public now.

zackman35 wrote:I wish Doobie the best this year, it's ping to be tough though because even when he stood on his head last year there wasn't much we could do. I reeeeeaaalllyy hope he doesnt get injured, with him and Whitney out this team of ours would really have to step it up!

DON'T SAY IT. Touch wood, turn around three times, throw salt, spit etc.

Racki wrote:12-13-8 with Doobie in net is a lot better than 10-32-4 with Khabi in net. Wow, that's embarrassing.

Yeah, humiliating more like.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:02 am
I just hope the poor guy gets a little more help out there this year.

Return to Edmonton Oilers