[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Oscar Klefbom hurt again.. again.

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:52 pm
Lowetide brings us the awful news via Oilers Nation.

Brutal. The leg getting cut, I could handle, because that should heal back OK.. but hitting his head on the ice is a different story. The translation in the link is pretty brutal, so I'm hoping somewhere down the line the fact that he hit his head on the ice sans-helmet is a mis-translation. But this certainly isn't good. Hopefully we can bubble wrap this sumbitch for the next couple of years so he can develop his game properly.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:41 pm
Brutal is an understatement. Is this some twisted type of karma hitting Oilers magagent? I was eager to see Klefbom start climbing the depth chart but that will be quite delayed now, poor guy.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 pm
Racki wrote:Lowetide brings us the awful news via Oilers Nation.

Brutal. The leg getting cut, I could handle, because that should heal back OK.. but hitting his head on the ice is a different story. The translation in the link is pretty brutal, so I'm hoping somewhere down the line the fact that he hit his head on the ice sans-helmet is a mis-translation. But this certainly isn't good. Hopefully we can bubble wrap this sumbitch for the next couple of years so he can develop his game properly.

If there's enough bubble wrap to go around after Hem is done with it.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:58 pm
As per Oilersnation member, who can translate things a little better...

He really is an Oiler ain't he..

On another note. Google Translate really know how to make things funny. Your source there is "Sveriges Radio" (which is; Swedish Radio) and their local channel for Värmland (which is the region of the town Karlstad, where Färjestads BK and Klefbom play). Their source is however "Nya Wermlands-tidningen" (commonly known as NWT). Either way, there is no such thing as the "Varmland Gate" heh..

Also, the original article was written 4 days ago (and they said they would know as soon as the day after but no update on the matter that I've managed to find). The original source also tells you "he was quite clear and it does not seem like he got a concussion". So no reason to panic, yet..

I've tried to contact Färjestad for more information concerning his latest "injury" but no reply as of now.

And cheers for calling my Swedish Oil brilliant ;)

Oh.. and Klefbom has no real meaning whatsoever in Swedish as far as I know..

So that's some better news! Doesn't seem to be a concussion *crosses fingers*. And sorry for lack of quote tags and what not, on iPhone and being lazy.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 pm
Yah I saw that comment later on too, but didn't say anything about it because it is still an unknown if he got a concussion. But it sounds a lot like he didn't get one.
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:16 pm
SWEET!!

On Lowetide/Oilersnation:

UPDATE: Our friend dohfOs has an update on the situation:

Just got word from Färjestad and it's good news. Klefbom is good to go.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 pm
He sure is having some bad luck, glad he's good to go though...kinda rhymes.

Return to Edmonton Oilers