[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Injury Updates

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 pm
Turning? Turned.

As for his timeline, I heard something about him today on twitter, but I forget... I think it was that he was at least a week away though.
General Manager
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:27 pm
Minor knee injury for Whitney tonight. Could have been a lot worse. Sounds like he might miss a couple games though.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:18 am
Looks like 3-4 weeks for Whit and another 2 for my boy.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:53 pm
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/h ... story.html

Not good in my view. Time to look at a trade I think.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:18 pm
“His shoulders are much stronger than they’ve been. They’re fixed,” said Renney. “What he has to do now is make the decision to shoot.

“I think once he starts to do that and has success, he’ll feel much more comfortable in his ability to carry on. You can talk yourself into something or out of something and, with Ales, he just has to really understand he’s completely capable of shooting the puck.

“He’s as accurate as a shooter as we have. His velocity is deceptive,” continued Renney. “The pass is the unselfish thing to do, but I like the puck going to the net as often as possible.”
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:25 pm
Very bad news on the Whitney Injury front came out today. The article at ON is a very good read. To sum it up Whitney is still feeling a lot of pain and his having major problems with his turns and pivots. Might be time to shut him down for the year and just let him rest on it till next season.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 pm
Gas wrote:Very bad news on the Whitney Injury front came out today. The article at ON is a very good read. To sum it up Whitney is still feeling a lot of pain and his having major problems with his turns and pivots. Might be time to shut him down for the year and just let him rest on it till next season.

Yeah I saw that. He has tendinitis and from one who has had that, the only thing that fixes it is complete rest. Shut him down, trade Hemsky and Khabbi and grab another top five.
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:56 pm
Agreed with all of that, Chucker. We need to scoop up some sort of cheap goaltender though, but I agree to move Khabi while he's having a great year. I am not sold that Tambellini and co. would actually do it though. Hemsky might be a tough sell right now, however. Hopefully he gets hot again pre-trade deadline.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:33 pm
Racki wrote:Agreed with all of that, Chucker. We need to scoop up some sort of cheap goaltender though, but I agree to move Khabi while he's having a great year. I am not sold that Tambellini and co. would actually do it though. Hemsky might be a tough sell right now, however. Hopefully he gets hot again pre-trade deadline.

I wonder if Washington would be interested in trading Holtby.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm
chucker wrote:
Gas wrote:Very bad news on the Whitney Injury front came out today. The article at ON is a very good read. To sum it up Whitney is still feeling a lot of pain and his having major problems with his turns and pivots. Might be time to shut him down for the year and just let him rest on it till next season.

Yeah I saw that. He has tendinitis and from one who has had that, the only thing that fixes it is complete rest. Shut him down, trade Hemsky and Khabbi and grab another top five.

Tendonitis is brutal and anyone who says otherwise hasn't had it. Feels like your muscles are in a vice and every time you move, the vice tightens. And there's no strength whatsoever. I had it for 6 years in my hands/wrists/elbows/forearms. You don't realize how much you use your arms until you can't. The only thing that worked for me for the pain was ART (active release technique), and osteopathy. And what cured it was a branch of the Alexander Technique - basically I had to re-learn how to move my entire body.

I hope he finds a therapy that works well for him. I don't wish tendonitis on my worst enemy.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:37 pm
chucker wrote:
Racki wrote:Agreed with all of that, Chucker. We need to scoop up some sort of cheap goaltender though, but I agree to move Khabi while he's having a great year. I am not sold that Tambellini and co. would actually do it though. Hemsky might be a tough sell right now, however. Hopefully he gets hot again pre-trade deadline.

I wonder if Washington would be interested in trading Holtby.

I would guess not, but I would definitely trade for him. I wouldn't think he'd be too ready yet though.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:06 pm
Barker is due back after the ASG, and apparently Whitney may not be far off from a return either, early Feb Gilbert should be back too.

We could actually have our Defense back shortly after the ASG.
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm
Our defense + Cam Barker you mean :P
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:21 pm
I think once he returns we will have a winning record from that point.

mainly because gilbert and whitney will be back too and everyone will be playing minutes they're supposed to
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Ebs is apparently going on the short roadtrip with the team, so there is a chance he plays tues or thursday.

Good news, but I hope they don't break up Gags Hall and Hemmer.
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 pm
I don't think there is any need to break those guys up. Eberle is a guy that can play with anyone, so I wouldn't doubt it if we see him with Smyth and Horcoff.. although that changes our current 2nd/3rd lines a bit.
General Manager
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 pm
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:13 pm
Fedun is skating in full gear again.

RNH practicing with team in normal jersey.
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:26 pm
That is most excellent news.. especially about Fedun. I hope for a speedy and full recovery for him. In an interview with Tencer he mentioned he gets anxiety when watching from the pressbox and seeing close icing calls... especially that hit on Gilbert by Carcillo. I hope that's something he can put behind him. It would be tragic if his game lost a step because of that worry.
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am
Khabi will be out for 7-10 days with a groin injury. Just in time to perhaps make a team look past the injury and pick him up anyways.

Yann Danis has been recalled to fill in, in the interim. Luckily the Barons have a good buffer of a lead right now and will undoubtedly make the playoffs this year. *jinxed.. sorry*

Edit: The Barons recalled Olivier Roy from the ECHL, so they should be good.
PreviousNext

Return to Edmonton Oilers