[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

TreenasOil = the next Eklund

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:41 pm
TreenasOil successfully seemed to get the Ryan Smyth trade right (from what I hear from others here) and/or Foster... allegedly, again. I never saw it first hand.. I'm taking everyone's word on that, but seeing as how you guys were telling me about it on the blog before even TSN talked about it, I believe it. How that happened.. I just don't know.

Lately "she" has been throwing out rumors on the wall and seeing what sticks, Eklund style, it would seem. I think that Jason Gregor confirmed that on a very simple rumor to confirm.

TreenasOil tweeted yesterday that the Oilers offered him a job. Now, I don't normally take a player or GM's word at face value because sometimes they can't really be honest until a deal is done. However Strudwick shot down the rumor saying it wasn't true.. he hadn't talked to the Oilers, and they haven't talked to him. I don't see much reason for him to need to keep that information to himself either, really.

Anyways, this rumormonger has said some things lately that I really found questionable. I think they lucked out in somehow being privy to some good rumors back around when trades started happening. Since then they've completely cooled off. Looks to me like another Eklund type that just so happened to get lucky a couple of times. Not by guessing, I don't think.. somehow they must have caught wind, I guess. But at this point, they seem to be trying to create themselves an image as a good source of NHL fact-based rumors based on those 2 hit rumors when really the well has run dry.
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 pm
My sources are telling me that the Coyotes have scouts in Edmonton...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:39 pm
Things are getting crowded, making a move might be wise if they feel somebody is ready to step in. At least it seems we'd be making a move out of strength and depth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 pm
I'm not sure if she's credible the same way that TSN is but she has gotten some rumours right and scooped some of the mass media. I know she's taken alot of heat lately but not many of her rumours have been discounted or proved wrong since many of her tweets are "McCabe is talking to the Oilers" I realize that Tambi denied adding another d-man but if he didn't talk to players he wouldn't be doing a good job.

The other rumour that she led the charge on was MacT as head coach of the Chicago Wolves.
Special Thanks To Racki For The Signature!
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:35 pm
Mr.Majestyk wrote:The other rumour that she led the charge on was MacT as head coach of the Chicago Wolves.

I'm not so sure that's true at all. I hunted through all tweets of hers from now back to July 1st (as far in history as I could go) and found only 2 tweets.

One asking Staples if he had heard anything on MacT on July 2nd.

Another tweet was "her" saying something about "don't let another MacT email go to waste" on July 18th... Canucks forums already had rumors about MacT being signed with the Wolves by the 13th at the latest. Don't think either of these tweets in any way make it sound like "she" predict MacT's signing at all. I'll do some more digging from home.. but I think maybe the truth is being distorted a bit in this case and spreading on its own. Not saying by you though, just saying these things have a habit of happening.
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:59 pm
OK found it....

July 16th David Staples tweeted: "That said, a week ago Tracey Lane was pm-ing me to expect some big MacTavish news. #GarfieldRules!"

Is saying "expect some big MacTavish news" akin to saying that MacT will be hired by the Chicago Wolves? I don't think so. Pretty easy way to generate a rumor. Not buying that one at all. Add to that: "MacT is the new coach of the @mnwild announcement will come after game 7 as per Garfield" on June 14th.... uh.. kinda sounds like "she" is just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks to me. Eventually you'll come close enough and it will be blown up into being bang on.

The Foster one, I definitely give credit for. Not sure where the info came from (perhaps from a Ducks source or something). Smyth... well... I don't give credit for that one, as there are a lot of tweets that sound like pretty blind guesses. Nothing exact and at one point made it sound like the Oil were out of the running.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:43 am
She's doing it again... I liked the "Rumors" when they involved Suter from Nashville but ever since then, like you guys have mentioned it sounds like she's been just throwing stuff on the wall hoping it sticks.

I extremely dislike the idea of moving Gags. And if we do trade with Toronto it better be nothing short of Schenn (which I can't see happening). I think ST's head will roll if any of these rumors come true. Her twitter feed is getting rediculous now "three way trades".
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:02 pm
As per LT article last night

"
Treena S Oil has an update via twitter this evening. She tweets "Oilers Leafs talking multiplayer deal. Omark, Gagner, Petry and Pitlick are names being mentioned as per Garfield."
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm
omark/gagner + petry/pitlick and a pick for schenn is the latest.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:33 pm
I'm not buying into these rumors at all, however I would definitely say that Luke Schenn would be probably the one player I'd want most from the Leafs to make our team better.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:04 pm
If your trading Gagner, Schenn would have to be coming back. Anything short of that is utter stupidity.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 pm
dawgtoy wrote:As per LT article last night

"
Treena S Oil has an update via twitter this evening. She tweets "Oilers Leafs talking multiplayer deal. Omark, Gagner, Petry and Pitlick are names being mentioned as per Garfield."

Sounds like a load of horse shit to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 am
Me too. Sounds like bull to me. Per Odie.
Special Thanks To Racki For The Signature!

Return to Edmonton Oilers