[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Gilbert

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 pm
Most of you know how I feel about Tom Gilbert. I've used the word "soft" many times when describing his play.

Yesterday I was quiet surprised to see his level of assertiveness. I did not see the same Tom that stayed away from the tough areas of the ice or shy away from a battle for the puck.

Tom does not have to be a physical guy because he does have other tools that are beneficial to the team but he can't back down from it ether(my biggest complaint with him). Looks like he may have committed himself to this over the summer.

Yesterday's season opener was a start. Keep it up Tom!!!
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 pm
I liked what I heard from him in his pre-season interviews, saying he had to be more aggressive and use his body more and stuff. He knows what his game is missing. He also impressed me by saying he wanted to concentrate more on D and let the forwards do their job. But I don't think his game will suffer. Still saw him jump up on the play at least once, so we'll see what happens.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm
Yeah, I was trying to insult him during the game and I wasn't coming up with a lot. Picked a good time to show up there, Tommy. We need it

Return to Edmonton Oilers