[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Omark in the doghouse...

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 pm
Link.

Just a small hiccup. Seems some other people out there have already considered him booted off the team at this point, but I think that's completely silly nonsense. One bad game isn't grounds for a player being moved. Hopefully the time in the press box (should he get it on Thursday) will be used to motivate him a bit. On the hole, I didn't really care much for that line at all (consisted of Paajarvi-Horcoff-Omark).

At the very worst, we'll see what Lennart Petrell can do for us. I know he'll be yet another good PK option (it's nice having more than just Horcoff and some average PKers out there for once), at the very least. I don't predict though that he'll be a very deadly scorer at all though, but he should play the 4th line, which might have some shut down ability.

Sounds like Jones might get a shot with Paajarvi and Horcoff as well, which might not be as bad a line as it probably sounds to many. I expect a few junk goals from that line, actually.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 pm
No big deal to me. Lots of bodies and some guys will have to sit some nights.
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:07 am
Yup, agreed. And maybe it will eventually lead to some ice time up here for Hartikainen...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:39 pm
Well, with Hemsky out something tells me his time in the doghouse is done...
"You either drop sweat today, or tears tomorrow." - SlayerS'MMA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:48 am
Looks like he is playing tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:09 am
Usually players have to work extra hard to redeem themselves in the coache's eyes...in Edmonton you just have to wait for someone to get injured.
Special Thanks To Racki For The Signature!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:04 am
Mr.Majestyk wrote:Usually players have to work extra hard to redeem themselves in the coache's eyes...in Edmonton you just have to wait for someone to get injured.

It seems to be sad, but true. Hemmer has to be so frustrated. Maybe almost as much as we are. :P

What to do with Hemmer? No way do I want to re-sign this guy at this point.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:23 am
I'm hoping it's just some left over pain from the surgery that will go away. Renney basically implied that Hemsky wasn't seriously hurt. Perhaps he just strained it a bit. I'm not too concerned just yet (although all the worries people have about him being injured frequently are definitely warranted). With any luck, he'll just need some time off to let it fully heal and then he'll be "good as new". I'm not overly optimistic of that, but I'll give it a chance to happen.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:55 am
Racki wrote:I'm hoping it's just some left over pain from the surgery that will go away. Renney basically implied that Hemsky wasn't seriously hurt. Perhaps he just strained it a bit. I'm not too concerned just yet (although all the worries people have about him being injured frequently are definitely warranted). With any luck, he'll just need some time off to let it fully heal and then he'll be "good as new". I'm not overly optimistic of that, but I'll give it a chance to happen.

If I had to guess I would say it is scar tissue breaking up, which hurts like a mother. I hope he is fine. Fingers crossed.
Coach
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:19 pm
Hemsky was excellent during the Minnesota game, for the three or so shifts he got...=P I wish so badly that he stays healthy this season, he's a star player on the team. If Gaborik could be repaired (we have the technology), there's hope for Hemsky...
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:26 pm
This team is nowhere near as good without Hemsky, I have to say. But it's still kinda shit with Hemsky.. lol

Return to Edmonton Oilers