[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Jeff Petry re-assigned to the Barons

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:21 pm
Saw this one coming.. only d-man that doesn't require waivers to go down.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 pm
He needs to do what Gilbert has done this season, play with a little more grit/edge to his game. He'll get a much larger role in OKC.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 pm
From what I've seen he's out played Barker so far and it is Barker's spot to lose this year. More hockey politics if you ask me, Peckham seems to have lost his game a bit but there is no doubt he'd be swiped if sent down.

Anyone else surprised to see Potter playing so good?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 pm
I think it's a good thing that Petry is being sent down...he's still developing, let hime develop...yes he's outplayed some others, but who cares, it's not like we need him for a cup run.

So many people have pissed and moaned(not referencing anyone here) about how we rush our prospects too much, look at Detroit, they take their time developing their youth, etc etc etc, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda...and then when we finally start sort of getting to a point where we can do that and not rush them, people start getting upset.

I think it's the right move. Send Lander down too, ASAP.
-Bringing mediocrity to a new level of awesome-
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm
Really Petry goes down because a d-man by default SHOULD go down due to waivers.

Sorry, but I am pretty frustrated by a few people saying that Barker or Peckham or someone else should be sent down. Do I think they'll be claimed on waivers? Fucking rights I do. Peckham is a tough as nails d-man that had a very good season last year and caught a lot of looks. He's also young and on a good contract. I would definitely claim him. As for Barker, well, patience everyone. We knew he was a work in progress.. why the heck are people suggesting we give up on him 5 games in???? I'm pretty frustrated about the notion that anyone other than Petry should be sent down. Sorry ;). Lots of people are suggesting it out there too.. not just anyone here.

BTW, for those of you not following the blog so much... my article on Potter: http://puttingonthefoil.com/2011/10/did ... elf-a-job/
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 am
Barker hasn't really been that bad, the worst guy on D so far has been Peckham.
General Manager
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:10 pm
I didn't really think our D has even been that bad. They've been having some big struggles with break outs (which forwards can be to blame on too), but they've looked a lot better this year than previous years. There still is a mad scramble in our zone though and guys get running around and losing their coverage and leaving the front of the net completely abandoned too much for my liking. But as a whole, I think this team has improved defensively. It'll get there. At this point though, it's a numbers game which is a positive thing. Peckham hasn't been good, but he hasn't been terrible. He'll regain his form.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:25 am
Just an update, we recalled Petry today before our game against the Avalanche. I assume he will play against the Blues Sunday?
"You either drop sweat today, or tears tomorrow." - SlayerS'MMA

Return to Edmonton Oilers