[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Oilers currently sit in first place of the West!

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 am
They say a picture says a thousand words...

I really like the words that picture is saying. Not only the #1 spot, but the #12-14 are pretty great as well. :mrgreen:
"You either drop sweat today, or tears tomorrow." - SlayerS'MMA
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:10 am
Oh shit, I thought it was just the Northwest (which they already were). That's sweet! Sure it probably will be brief... but these first 10 games could be the difference between 9th and 8th... of course.. we could still finish 15th! But I'm just saying that every bit counts ;) Great start.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 am
Yeah, Dallas has a ton of SO wins, so we win the tie breaker.

I don't think we will sustain first place, but it still feels damn good... makes you see just how much potential we have.

Next month will be a big barometer for this club, 14 games with 11 of them on the road; 4 different sets of back-to-back games in two different road cities. Thing is, we have had a pretty tough schedule as it is, I think once we get past november we have one of the easier ones in the league.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:48 am
if we can take 14 or so points out of next month I'd be very happy, when I saw that schedule I was amazed, Boston & Detroit back to back then a day off before Chicago, and Oilers will play 12 back to back games this year!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:05 am
So much for Carter turning Columbus around. I say there will be a house cleaning there very soon.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:21 pm
chucker wrote:So much for Carter turning Columbus around. I say there will be a house cleaning there very soon.

Yeah but Carter is injured right now and he only has played five games and tallied three assists. You'd think they'd be doing better, they look pretty good on paper. Is this where we trade Khabi + Gagner for their first? Would that even work? I don't like the idea of trading Gagner but with a possible top three pick coming our way or Nail Yakupov I couldn't turn it down. Then again, we are only ten games in and they could finish tenth place in the West (which would be a very bad trade on our part).
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 am
iCanada wrote:They say a picture says a thousand words...

I really like the words that picture is saying. Not only the #1 spot, but the #12-14 are pretty great as well. :mrgreen:

That's a sight for sore eyes if ever there was. :) Both the ceiling and the basement, lol. I'd like to savour the moment rather than worry about all that could go wrong.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:15 am
zackman35 wrote:
chucker wrote:So much for Carter turning Columbus around. I say there will be a house cleaning there very soon.

Yeah but Carter is injured right now and he only has played five games and tallied three assists. You'd think they'd be doing better, they look pretty good on paper. Is this where we trade Khabi + Gagner for their first? Would that even work? I don't like the idea of trading Gagner but with a possible top three pick coming our way or Nail Yakupov I couldn't turn it down. Then again, we are only ten games in and they could finish tenth place in the West (which would be a very bad trade on our part).

Yeah it's pretty early yet. I do not see them climbing a lot but they should have been a team that makes a playoff run. They still might.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:13 pm
Not only are we first in the west but we are turning heads in the media. They all love our Lottery line, our goaltending, and our compete level.

Hell, it really shows through in the Power Rankings. ESPN has us at #2 behind Washington, TSN at #5, and NHL.com at #7.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings/_/ ... 012/week/5
http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5982 ... L|NHL|home

We are certainly playing the best hockey I have ever seen the club play... ever. It is a strange phenomenon, I don't know how to react.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 pm
didn't like them singling out PRV in the third article. Leave him alone, he's 12 years old. He'll hit his stride. I don't want him to become our newest goat (someone has to be the successor to replace Khabi, or possibly Gags?)
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB

Return to Edmonton Oilers