[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Nashville as a trade partner

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 am
Nashville has huge depth in their system at D, particularly RS D men.

Weber, Klien, Blum, Ellis & Josi have all played in the NHL this year.

However they don't seem to have much offence. Their top line RW has 25pts on the season.

We have very little solid depth at D currently, the prospect pool looks nice, but it's hard to say how far away from the NHL they are.

Our RS D are

Gilbert, Petry, Potter, Tuebert.

Our RW position however has

Eberle, Hemsky, Jones, Eager & Omark,

as well as a bunch of centers who can also play wing such as Gagner & Pitlick.

So i'm hoping at the deadline we will be able to trade Hemsky/Omark, for one of Nashvilles younger D men, I'd prefer Ellis or Josi.
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 am
I definitely like Ryan Ellis. He's pretty small, but he is a heck of a d-man. That size really does worry me though. But he is a very smart player, and smart players like that can often overcome those short comings (pardon the pun).

I would consider Omark expendible. We also have some other talent in the system that may never make the team, such as Toni Rajala that we might consider moving too. Or perhaps we move what looks to be a very high pick now and aim higher for a more sure bet, NHL ready defenseman.

Return to Edmonton Oilers