[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Number 1 D-man. What's it going to take?

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 pm
I dont know that Buffalo would move Kassian and Myers too, but they would both be good to have. We could use a powerforward of Kassian's potential in addition to a huge d-man like Myers.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 pm
Yeah, my thinking was that Hemsky really helps round out their offence currently, PRV brings some of the same things Kassian does except for the anger, Peckham ads toughness and some depth, and they'd get a probable lottery pick to grab a young high end D man.

But yeah, I doubt it'd be enough.
-Bringing mediocrity to a new level of awesome-
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 pm
Well, its tough to say... I think from a Buffalo perspective, they're getting a lot in return. They're getting a potential #1 overall in a draft that apparently has some unreal talent. They're getting PRV who, while struggling currently, he was a fair bit more touted offensively than Kassian, out of the draft. I think PRV's struggles right now cloud our opinions of him a bit. He may not ever be the top prospect we thought he would be, but it's still far too early to know that. So I'd say that puts Buffalo ahead when comparing Kassian to PRV straight up. Myers is a better all around defenseman than Peckham, for sure.. so we're ahead when comparing those two. Hemsky is miles ahead of Gaustad even if he is UFA at the end of the year... but Gaustad is UFA at the end of the year too. As for the picks.. thats tough to call.. the Oilers can just as easily finish above Buffalo.

On the surface, I'd say this is a good deal that is even on paper... it helps the Oilers. My question is does it help Buffalo? Im not sure their needs.
Previous

Return to Edmonton Oilers