[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Play 5 on 5 vs Nuge, Eberle, Peckham, Smyth and Hall???

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 pm
ALS Curenament 2012! August 26th @ PAG, Play against NHL players, Win Autographed NHL
Details at http://www.albertapaintball.com/ (sorry racki ... :P)

Plus meet and play against Edmonton Oilers Theo Peckham, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan Smyth, Taylor Hall, and Jordan Eberle

The Curenament 2012 is coming! On Aug 26 2012 at Paintball Action Games a 5 on 5 tournament will be held with funds raised going to ALS Canada and ALS Alberta. Meet and play against NHL players, also meet players from Pro paintball team Edmonton Impact.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) is a fatal neurodegenerative disease. People living with the disease become progressively paralyzed due to degeneration of the upper and lower motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Eighty per cent of people with ALS die within two to five years of diagnosis– unable to breathe or swallow. Ten per cent of those affected may live for 10 years or longer. My mother passed away from ALS and I wanted to do something to help find a cure and help others who are living with the disease. I have done the walk in the past but I wanted to do something different, and from that the ALS Curenament was born. This is a third part event with support from ALS Canada and ALS Alberta.

Date August 26th
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:17 am
Not sure what the apology is for!

But at any rate, this sounds pretty cool. Are you going to try and do it, Vygur??
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 am
A very worthwhile cause. I used to see a lot of the effects of this terrible disease when I was in healthcare. a nice way to go out and have fun and help the research at the same time. Thanks for posting this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:23 am
Sorry for pluggin my site :P But I don't think i'll play - i'll probably go watch.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 am
Plugs don't bother me at all, as long as it's relevant and not a cheap ploy to get hits. And well, since I know you well, I know it's a cheap ploy to get hits... but I'll let it slide. hahah :P

Return to Edmonton Oilers