[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Oilers re-sign Petry 2 years at 1.75 Dubnyk 2 Years at 3.5

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 pm
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id= ... L|EDM|home

Gagner going to arbitration
General Manager
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:09 pm
Sweeeeet! That is a great deal for Jeff Petry. Dubnyk on the other hand.. are you fucking serious???

Wow. Put me down as someone who feels that is an awful contract. If he's a $3.5M goaltender, then let's start playing him like he's a $3.5M goaltender. Although then again, he's better than Khabi, so...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm
I'm far more fearful of what will become of Gagner and his potential arbitration hearing, then I am at the Dubnyk salary.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 pm
F'n brutal. We may as well have given Danis 3.5. That is absolutely terrible. Harding signed for less. WTF was Tambo thinking? Seriously. As if Khabbi is going to help out. This team falls in love with some players too easily. Dubnyk has proven nothing to me other than he is a good backup. Wow. We better snag JDD while he is available too.

Look at this list. I see 14 other goalies I would say are better by a lot or just as good/better than Dubnyk. Fucking brutal. Why did they not just give hin 1.25? He would have signed it. Idiots. http://capgeek.com/comparables.php?seas ... player=273
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:51 am
dawgtoy wrote:I'm far more fearful of what will become of Gagner and his potential arbitration hearing, then I am at the Dubnyk salary.

Average 2C money seems to jump around between 3.5-4m per year hit.

No doubt the Oilers will take the one year option if Gagner does reach arbitration as it keeps him an RFA next year.

Hopefully he can be signed for 3/4 years at around 3.5m, because with 2 of Hemsky, Hall, Eberle or Yakupov on his wings his scoring should increase quite a lot, meaning a bigger payday next year if he gets to arbitration.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 am
Alan-NottsUK wrote:
dawgtoy wrote:I'm far more fearful of what will become of Gagner and his potential arbitration hearing, then I am at the Dubnyk salary.

Average 2C money seems to jump around between 3.5-4m per year hit.

No doubt the Oilers will take the one year option if Gagner does reach arbitration as it keeps him an RFA next year.

Hopefully he can be signed for 3/4 years at around 3.5m, because with 2 of Hemsky, Hall, Eberle or Yakupov on his wings his scoring should increase quite a lot, meaning a bigger payday next year if he gets to arbitration.

O r he is traded first. Yandle maybe. Perhaps Bernier?

Return to Edmonton Oilers