[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Who's better?

All talk about the Edmonton Oilers
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:08 pm
TSN has a vote up for under 26 year old NHLers... a versus, head-to-head format. Right now, the vote is Jordan Eberle vs. Phil Kessel...

Show some love for Ebs!

Vote here:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9706
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:44 pm
Although I can see Ebs at center (more so than Hall/MPS/Yak- are people suggesting this?) sometimes I question these small but blatant errors TSN makes. I wonder how much homerism this poll will get? Of course I say Ebs, look at his two way game and offensive potential and then look at pouty pants Kessel. I know he's been through a lot but I can't stand the guy (Kessel).
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 pm
LOL - I think Hallsy beat out Stamkos. Last I checked the other day, it was about 55% to 45% in favour of #4...

And Ebs is beating Crosby right now, 57% to 43%...

I love Ebs and Hallsy, but in fairness, this should be Crosby vs. Stamkos.

But, I'm gonna cross my fingers and love it when the last two players in TSN's "Who's Better" are two Oilers.
The Heatwave will return in 2015!
General Manager
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:13 pm
Yah, I'm secretly pulling for Hall vs. Ebs.. although Karlsson could win it vs. Hall, given Ott should have plenty of fans.

But really, it just goes to show how useless polls are sometimes. Crosby is clearly the best player in the league.. Stamkos is possibly #2 or 3. Definitely better than any of the other guys not named Crosby.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:56 pm
Last year I voted for Ebs goal for play of the year and I voted for Stamkos and Crosby here. What's the point of these polls if ppl ain't gonna be honest.
General Manager
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:25 pm
I just voted for Crosby. Not sure how to vote in the Hall one
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:45 am
:lol: - So, it's "official"... Ebs beat Crosby, and Hall beat Stamkos...

So funny... I'm an Oiler fan until the day I start fertilizing the daisies, but Crosby vs. Stamkos should be the easy final matchup...

But, if nothing else - while it is certainly not a scientific process by any stretch, it's fun to see the Oilers winning a player popularity contest. :lol:

of course, on a technicality, Crosby is turning 26, so not quite the "under 25" they were looking for... yeah... Ebs wins...
The Heatwave will return in 2015!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:35 am
Ktown wrote::lol: - So, it's "official"... Ebs beat Crosby, and Hall beat Stamkos...

So funny... I'm an Oiler fan until the day I start fertilizing the daisies, but Crosby vs. Stamkos should be the easy final matchup...

But, if nothing else - while it is certainly not a scientific process by any stretch, it's fun to see the Oilers winning a player popularity contest. :lol:

of course, on a technicality, Crosby is turning 26, so not quite the "under 25" they were looking for... yeah... Ebs wins...

Should have called it a "whose fans are more fervent" contest... we'll always win that shit.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB

Return to Edmonton Oilers