[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Brian Burke fired from TML

Talk about other NHL teams
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:40 am
Per Bob McKenzie:
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/stat ... 2434302976

Still working on official confirmation, so this may be a hoax.

But given that Burke's progress there had been pretty slow/tough, I'd say it sounds true to me.
Coach
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm
Oh, this would thrill me more than I care to admit.
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm
Burke hasn't been the same guy to me since his son died, and he made up with Lowe. I hated him in the before for all his loud mouth shit he said about Lowe. But that whole situation with his son humanized him for me and I took a lot of pity on him. That all said, I'm pretty sure he'll find a job elsewhere eventually, but this doesn't come as much of a surprise, save for the odd timing.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 am
Just wondering if Toronto is trying to model Vancouver's business model. Burke, followed by Nonis. Followed by a Bobby Lu acquisition (?) - guess we'll see. I don't know what I'm going to do around here when he's traded... watching the fans give Louie a parade one day, then the next day throw him under the bus. It was really entertaining.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
General Manager
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 am
You might be in for a reversal of fortune.. Stauffer tweeted:

Re; Luongo rumours to Edmonton. Some media will suggest Oilers are in the mix. Don't see it! It's Devan Dubnyk's time to run with it!

I don't see it either, but management here has shown a penchant for going after players that are past their prime. That said, Luongo isn't past his prime at all, but I think he's not that guy that people fear to play against anymore. I also don't think he can get back to being that goalie here. He could most likely do it on a low pressure team like Florida. But here, I think he'd struggle with the way fans are on players.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 pm
Luuuuuuuuu? ...noooooooooooo.

Agreed, he'd get raked over the coals in e-town, and then some.

I'm surprised at the Burke firing. Just seems a very weird time to do it. They definitely need to shake things up, I mean, let's be honest. It's the Leafs. But I thought if they would fire him it would have been at the end of last season.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB

Return to Other NHL Talk