[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

OOT scoreboard

Talk about other NHL teams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Its been too long, Oil fans. 'Tis the first night of NHL action and figured it would be best for you all to have a day-by-day update of just how many points the Flames finish above the Oilers :P

Seriously, in maybe the one and only season for a while where I actually see every team in the NW making a push for a playoff spot, with nobody really 'rebuilding', this shouldbe a fun season on a night-to-night basis

Saturday, January 19th, 2013

Pittsburgh - 3
Philadelphia - 1

Ottawa - 4
Winnipeg - 1

Chicago - 5
Los Angeles - 2

Boston - 3
New York(R) - 1

Toronto - 2
Montreal - 1

New Jersey -2
New York(I) - 1

Columbus - 3
Nashville - 2 (OT)

Tampa Bay - 6
Carolina - 3

St. Louis - 6
Detroit - 0

Dallas - 4
Phoenix - 3

Looks like Detroit's playoff spot could be in jeopardy, although it is still early and on an obvious off year, while the same 'questionable' teams remain (Phoenix, Nashville, Chicago, Nashville) still remain in the mix and could very well cough up their post-season seat.

Should be an interesting halfsies season, good luck to you Edmonton. We hop to see you improve all the way to 10th in the West this year and for many years to come

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm
Schneider pulled less than halfway through the game for Luongo, could be a 'shaky, lack-of-confidence goaltending' controversy happening in Vancouver, and I must say nothing would make me happier if the Canucks couldnt comfortably move Luongo and clear their cap room based on the fact that neither goalie could be decided on
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm
Hey man! Long time no see.. good to see you around.

Holy @ St. Louis smoking Detroit. I hope to see more of those so I can rub it in to a guy at work. :lol:

I am not sure if I ever told you, but I envy the fact you guys have Baertschi. Of course, having Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, Nuge, Schultz kind of makes up for it. But Baertschi should be a good player one day!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 pm
I missed you fellas! You may have to reserve me the next keeper league spot that gets abandoned to keep me around mroe often ;)

To be honest, I just couldnt search through hockey forums any more. I tried for a while, but the conversation just lacked... it is kind of like when you have to hangout with your girfriend's, friends boyfriend... you talk vaguely about nothing really and there is always some sort of missing conversation piece to lift the tension.

Ultimately, I left the hockey forums and drifted towards my Chicago Bears for my online sports fix.

As per your question, it's funny, I was just reading through the 'Yakupov' draft thread and going over everything in there, and you mention those exact words. I am looking forward to this year with Sven, and it will be nice to have at least one young piece while we watch the Oilers' three full lines of sub 20 year olds :P
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 pm
Aww, definitely good to see our favorite closet Oilers fan from Calgary.

Welcome back.
-Bringing mediocrity to a new level of awesome-
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 pm
dropit wrote:I missed you fellas! You may have to reserve me the next keeper league spot that gets abandoned to keep me around mroe often ;)

To be honest, I just couldnt search through hockey forums any more. I tried for a while, but the conversation just lacked... it is kind of like when you have to hangout with your girfriend's, friends boyfriend... you talk vaguely about nothing really and there is always some sort of missing conversation piece to lift the tension.

Ultimately, I left the hockey forums and drifted towards my Chicago Bears for my online sports fix.

As per your question, it's funny, I was just reading through the 'Yakupov' draft thread and going over everything in there, and you mention those exact words. I am looking forward to this year with Sven, and it will be nice to have at least one young piece while we watch the Oilers' three full lines of sub 20 year olds :P

There should be at least one spot opening (I'm holding off on jetissoning this one just yet, as it's a pretty regular to the forum/blog that just seems to have disappeared). However, Dawgtoy did mention he might be interested in playing (nothing concrete). There might be more than one opening though. It would be great to have you in, for sure.

Do you use Twitter or anything that I can keep in contact with you a little easier to let you know?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm
Racki wrote:
dropit wrote:I missed you fellas! You may have to reserve me the next keeper league spot that gets abandoned to keep me around mroe often ;)

There should be at least one spot opening (I'm holding off on jetissoning this one just yet, as it's a pretty regular to the forum/blog that just seems to have disappeared). However, Dawgtoy did mention he might be interested in playing (nothing concrete). There might be more than one opening though. It would be great to have you in, for sure.

Do you use Twitter or anything that I can keep in contact with you a little easier to let you know?

I do, the Twitter and the FacePage and the MySpot and all that new stuff that keeps me in the know with kids these days.

@RyanParkin

For all you pervs that wanted a name to put to those sweet, sweet words you read.

Also, dont feel obligated to go searching for a spot for me, I'm a patient man

Mostly, because I am already involved in a league or two of my own, a 14 team rotisserie league and a 30, yes i said 30, team keeper league.

http://hit-the.net/forum/index.php

I post this link just on the fact that as a league commish of my own, I like to know all the small bits and pieces of other peoples' ideas, so if you can take anything from this league and apply it to your own, or likewise give some input on things you have found work well, im sure we can benefit from some league info sharing.

Also, although I have tons of patience of an empty spot in your league, I may have alot less patience in asking you for one of those sexy looking, team based signature pictures... especially yours Racki, as coincidentally, my rotisserie league team name is also the Bombers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am
gr8one wrote:Aww, definitely good to see our favorite closet Oilers fan from Calgary.

Welcome back.

Well, to support your statement, I've slowly been moving further and further away from God's country and closer and closer to the big E-asy. I'm now an even mid-way point from one city to the other from Sylvan Lake, AB. I fear that if I make my way any further North of Lacombe, I could become infected with the blue and copper kool-aid.

That's OK though, to be honest it's kind of nice. Whenever I make a mistake working here, I can just scream out the word 'Rebuild' outside my office and people all of a sudden dont expect a thing from me until the next fiscal year :P
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am
Let me know the details of what you're looking for in your sig, and I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance. The keeper has kept me pretty busy right now because I've set up a full fledged website for us to manage everything (dubyas fhlkeeper dawt cawm - spambot paranoia :P) . It's not complete yet, but functional enough for us to do what we need to. Access there is limited for guests, but you can still poke around a bit. I'll take a peak at your league too. Ours is a wonderful dream bought forth by NorwegianOiler. We have some kinks here and there, but on the whole it's been far and away the best pool I've ever been in (speaking without bias).

Return to Other NHL Talk