[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

10th Anniversary of 9/11

All off-topic discussion goes here.
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:02 pm
I don't have to explain it at all to anyone.. everyone knows about what happened that day. Lots of TV shows on today about that horrible day.

Just a quick thread to remember the 2977 people that died that day including a very brave group of 341 firefighters, 60 police offers and 10 other EMTs/parametics.

Horrible day. I wasn't even there and don't really know anyone that was, but I still find it overwhelming to watch the shows all this time later. Can't imagine what it would be like for someone who was actually there or lost someone they knew.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:19 pm
Racki wrote:I don't have to explain it at all to anyone.. everyone knows about what happened that day. Lots of TV shows on today about that horrible day.

Just a quick thread to remember the 2977 people that died that day including a very brave group of 341 firefighters, 60 police offers and 10 other EMTs/parametics.

Horrible day. I wasn't even there and don't really know anyone that was, but I still find it overwhelming to watch the shows all this time later. Can't imagine what it would be like for someone who was actually there or lost someone they knew.

Didn't see this thread until today.

My friend's sister (from my hometown) was in NY at the time, and of course they couldn't get a hold of her, which was terrifying. She wasn't anywhere near the towers thank goodness.

It was awful enough watching the thing on TV. I can't imagine being there. I saw a documentary on CBC's The Passionate Eye awhile ago that had compiled witnesses' amateur footage & audio. It was harrowing. I saw another one about the journalist who took the photo of some of the poor folks whose grim paucity of options forced them to jump. He was berated by readers who thought it was sensationalist or something to publish the photos. People blame the artist sometimes rather than acknowledging that they're just capturing what's real for that particular moment. It is of course horrible but it's not the journalist who created the horror.

Anyway. I can't believe it's been 10 years. The emotions still seem so raw.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:54 pm
One of the guys I work with was in the building that day, but obviously made it out alive. He can't even be near windows in our office building it is that bad of a reminder for him.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 pm
Racki wrote:One of the guys I work with was in the building that day, but obviously made it out alive. He can't even be near windows in our office building it is that bad of a reminder for him.

OMG really? That's amazing that he got out. Talk about post-traumatic stress disorder. Totally understandable. What was he doing in NY at the time, do you know? Like is he a New Yorker and relocated here or...?
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 pm
He is a contractor for us and I'm pretty sure that's what he would've been a contractor at the time then too. I'm not sure what company it would have been with though. But yah, definitely would have been scary for the guy. He's got a pretty timid personality.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:28 pm
I was in Hong Kong on the 9/11 anniversary & watched a couple things on BBC & CNN about it.

Return to Off-Topic