[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Yahoo Fantasy league...

All off-topic discussion goes here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 pm
Some of DropIts picks i wanted so bad too. I was ticked because he picked close to the end and he took 2 guys that i had lined up my queue and suddenly they were gone.
Special Thanks To Racki For The Signature!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:05 pm
I'm really happy I got two good starting goalies this year *knock on wood*, last year Marty Brodeur had a real rough start and then that was it for goalies for me until late in the season when I picked up Riemer. Every few weeks I'd loose two or three points just from goaltending which blew.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 pm
I of course had last pick ...There is a conspiracy. Well who knows, maybe I got a couple of sleepers.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 pm
hemmerlady wrote:I of course had last pick ...There is a conspiracy. Well who knows, maybe I got a couple of sleepers.
your team looks pretty good I thought....it does kind of suck waiting for last pick, but its nice getting two in a row that early...it's pretty hard getting first pick and then waiting 23 picks for your second...

Anyways, woooot! Hockey has started!!

Good luck in the pool everyone!
-Bringing mediocrity to a new level of awesome-
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:24 am
I think the last pick thing makes it difficult in that your team doesn't have that uber-high end talent (a la crosby, ovechkin, sisters), but you manage to get two other superstars in a row still. I found it good when I was in that position in that I didn't often have to choose between players.. I could just take both. "I need a forward and a goalie... well, I'll grab both!"

That next pick after those two comes painfully slow though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:53 am
I know that hemmerlady is a rookie for the yahoo leagues but she has a player, Ryan Ellis, benched tonight and there is a roster spot for him. She'll need to update the team before 7pm EST.
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 pm
oh crap, on that note, i guess i better help steve-o.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 pm
Mr.Majestyk wrote:I know that hemmerlady is a rookie for the yahoo leagues but she has a player, Ryan Ellis, benched tonight and there is a roster spot for him. She'll need to update the team before 7pm EST.

Racki wrote:oh crap, on that note, i guess i better help steve-o.

+1

Thanks guys.
-Bringing mediocrity to a new level of awesome-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm
Racki wrote:oh crap, on that note, i guess i better help steve-o.

noooooo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:51 pm
Mr.Majestyk wrote:Some of DropIts picks i wanted so bad too. I was ticked because he picked close to the end and he took 2 guys that i had lined up my queue and suddenly they were gone.

im open for offers ;)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:50 pm
Mr.Majestyk wrote:I know that hemmerlady is a rookie for the yahoo leagues but she has a player, Ryan Ellis, benched tonight and there is a roster spot for him. She'll need to update the team before 7pm EST.

thanks for the heads up....think i got the message too late though. :? Assuming I can get this done next time, how do I go about putting a benched player in the line-up? (If it's Hemmer, cover him in bubble wrap, bwahahaha)

Edit: oh i see, if you didn't miss the deadline :? you can drag and drop the player into the lineup...
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm
hemmerlady wrote:

thanks for the heads up....think i got the message too late though. :? Assuming I can get this done next time, how do I go about putting a benched player in the line-up? (If it's Hemmer, cover him in bubble wrap, bwahahaha)

Edit: oh i see, if you didn't miss the deadline :? you can drag and drop the player into the lineup...

Yah exactly. I usually do a full week at a time and just check back once or twice during the week and make sure I don't have something to worry about, like a player on IR or something.

And speaking of which... there is an IR slot you don't normally see, which is for... players on the IR! If you put them in your IR, you can pick up another player temporarily.

And on the note of picking up players... you'll see that available players have either a W or a FA under "Owner". If they are a W, it will have a date beside it too. W stands for Waivers, and FA stands for Free Agents. W players join your team on the date in brackets should you pick them up and be the highest person in the waiver order to put a claim on them (waiver order is shown on the "League" tab that shows standings). FA will join your team immediately if you have room.

Just a few tips, since you're new to this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:27 pm
Is Ryan Ellis even playing for the Predators?
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:43 pm
I think he's actually playing in the AHL (Milwaukee Admirals).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:03 pm
Racki wrote:I think he's actually playing in the AHL (Milwaukee Admirals).

Don't guys that are sent down have an NA next to their name meaning Not Available?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:33 pm
Mr.Majestyk wrote:

Don't guys that are sent down have an NA next to their name meaning Not Available?

I think he does...well better off he's on the bench then.
Tks for the tips guys.
General Manager
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:49 pm
Mr.Majestyk wrote:

Not sure. I`ve checked it out though, and he indeed is on the Admirals now.
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:33 pm
Ungh. Picked up Mikael Samuelsson after already setting my line up. Forgot to log back on and re-do the line up after he cleared waivers. All the lineup changes I made were removed once Samuelsson hit my roster. Annoying. So I failed to dress 3 players that played this morning. As if I wasn't in a big enough hole as is, with Dawg having a big starting night (10 players in the line up to my 3! yikes). LOL should be a tough week to come back from.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am
Ok, I picked Lui - of course b/c of my bad luck streak, he's already crapping the bed. (If I traded him, he'd turn it around immediately and not lose a game the rest of the season).

Saw that Sid is no longer wearing the no-contact jersey in practice...that's cool. That's the jersey we should sew my boyfriend's name into :(

Who took (stole) Landeskog (dirty bastard)? Dude is on fire already. Not to knock RNH but part of me wishes we needed a winger at draft time. His play is impressive.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:10 am
my earlier post is interesting considering RNH is currently kicking ass.

Anyway. Anyone know of a good source for reliably predicting which goalie starts a game? Uh, not asking for any particular reason, lol
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic