[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Massive Jets/Sabres trade

Talk about other NHL teams
General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:23 am
Jets trade:
Kane, Bogo, Jason Kasdorf

Buff trades:
Myers, Stafford, Brendan Leisure, Joel Armia and 2015 1st

I like the return for Buffalo, although they take on a lot of risk. Crazy trade.
Coach
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Finally some trade action.

Agree that almost all the risk lies with the Sabres. What if Kane's shoulder doesn't heal well? How good can Armia and Lemieux ("Leisure"-Lemieux as he's now known...) become? Myers is a better player than Bogosian, and while Stafford is a reasonable top 9 option he's a pending UFA and would likely be lost to Buffalo anyway. I don't really know anything about Kasdorf.

If I'm the Jets' GM I'd do the deal. Not as confident were I the Sabres' GM.

Too bad we couldn't have been in on Myers ourselves. Eberle + Petry + decent prospect for Myers, Stafford, and the two prospects (skip the low-end first) would have been decent for us.
General Manager of the VIKINGS

NORACK CUP CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
FHL PLAYOFF CHAMPION 2013-14, 2014-15
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 pm
Brilliant move by Tim Murray in my opinion, get a top notch power forward/winger in Evander Kane as well as a pretty solid D-man. I think the brilliance of this trade comes from the fact that what he gets in return, shouldn't affect the McDavid sweepstakes too much, with Evander Kane being out for the remainder of the season.

Still a long way to go for Buffalo but they are slowly starting to put together a quality core: Kane, Moulson, Ristolainen, Reinhart, Grigorenko (doing pretty good in the AHL this year) and possibly adding McEichel or Hanifin definitely boosts the team.

Conversely this was a wicked hockey trade. I can't remember the last time I saw a trade of this magnitude go down, kinda reminds me of the Erik Johnson trade a little. I'd love for the Jets to make a deep run in the playoffs for Winnipeg this year and this trade definitely helps them as well as in the future. I definitely wasn't expecting this type of return at the time, especially after hearing all the talk about the relationship between Kane and the Jets. Solid, solid return for the Jets. Wow.

Return to Other NHL Talk