[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

Forum Mod(s)

This is the place to ask your help questions, as well as send any feedback or feature requests.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:06 pm
I have another suggestion for a forum mod and thank you for adding the quick reply! :D Much appreciated! Here is another suggestion, most recent thread reply, topic titles, on the main message board.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=871075
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:44 pm
Thanks, zack. I actually wanted the title links on index too. Will install later
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:15 pm
OK so I tried that one, and it made the forum look a little crappy. Don't like how it does it, so I'm going to see if there's a better one out there.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 pm
Well thanks for giving it a go and did it look squished? Or was it just the way it was coded/did it overlap with other things and look glitchy? Oh yeah, I should email you a few templates to and see if you like any. This layout is really starting to grow on me though... Is there any way to make it a little wider?
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 pm
I could probably edit the CSS to make it wider. It's fixed width though, so I'd have to maybe change a few things. Not going to mess around with it just yet though.

As far as the mod.. it did the reverse.. it had some weird line breaks in it in each of the forums, so the forum index was probably two or three times the size it is now (in length).
General Manager
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:39 pm
OK it was a bit weird where this was located (had to find the right html file), but I found where the sizing is located. I tried a % based width temporarily, and didn't like how it looked when shrunk down. So I just sized it a bit wider of a fixed width. If this stinks for those of you on iPoods and cell phones (or what have you), let me know.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:47 pm
Hey I was just curious... I am on the forums a lot so with my phone as opposed to desktop, is there a mobile theme coming anytime soon? :P
General Manager
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:45 pm
I'll take a look around. I'll be honest that I've been a little hesitant to do any MODing on the forum because of the horror stories I had heard with PHPBB3 (what the board is based on) installs breaking from certain mods or from upgrades of PHPBB. Thankfully , in this case it would be about 95% modifying a good mobile theme to how I want it to look (not too difficult) and about 5% getting a mod to work that detects mobile browser (which should be easy, but see comment about the volatility of PHPBB install with mods).

I'll take a look around for a good stable mobile browser detection MOD. I'm sure there are several out there, so just a matter of finding the right one.

Return to Help, Feedback & Feature Requests