[ Click to visit the Putting On The Foil Blog ]    

[ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.ca (CANADIAN) through this link ]     [ Support the Foil by shopping on Amazon.com (UNITED STATES) through this link ]

2014 Playoffs: Predictions and thoughts

Talk about other NHL teams
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:09 am
Eep. Tough one. the Rangers are such a good story, between St Louis and Vigneault's poetic justice. But those Kings just won't die. So I say Kings in 7. Since that seems to be their lucky number.
the sultriest singer in the federal league
triforce siggy courtesy adrianl of the OMB
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 am
I think you will be right. They may even win it in less games
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:30 pm
Actually, I'm changing my answer to Rangers in 7. I think even that's bold. Pretty unlike the Rangers win it.. but what the fuck..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:01 pm
That's what's great about the playoffs. Anything can happen. I think you have the points and will beat me for sure anyway though.
General Manager
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:20 pm
If you pick Kings in 4 you stand to win. lol
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:22 am
I've been thinking about this the last few days. I haven't been making predictions, my playoff pool did that for me and it did not turn out so well.. haha. Anyways, based on the two roads both teams have had to get there I think the Rangers actually have a fighting chance. They have shut teams down defensively as a team quite well without what seems like having to find those extra gears due to their opponents not being huge contending teams. When i look at the Kings, their road to the cup has been insane. They have had to knock off 3 of the top contenders in the league, not just the West to simply go to the final. Not only that but they all went to game 7 and have been emotional swings. To knock off Chicago is no small feat but to add to the list San Jose (who they were down 3-0) and Anaheim. That's incredible. I don't think the Rangers will win this series because the Kings I just don't think will let that happen, and they have an extreme amount of experience to go off of in this playoffs alone. I do however think this series will go to 7 games. I believe this because the Kings and everyone else is taking the Rangers too lightly and will essentially be given a headstart in this round. I expect after 3 games that the Rangers will be up 2-1. Rick Nash needs to wake up if they want to win also, 2 goals in 20 games isn't cutting it.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm
Racki wrote:If you pick Kings in 4 you stand to win. lol

Uh, I think I should have taken you up on that Racki...

but I hope Quinstone is right!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:19 pm
Haha well it's not looking so good for the rangers now. After watching tonight's game they just looked defeated. Really wierd to see. But who knows, the kings just came back from a 3-0 deficit in the first round. Perhaps the rangers will too haha.
General Manager
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:49 pm
Cue the comeback!!!

4-3 Rangers. lol

In all honesty, my head said Kings, but I hate the Kings (because of Dustin Brown and all his diving). Mind you, I can't say I like the Rangers much either. But Dustin Brown hate > Rangers hate.

Never bet against the West (unless it involves a Canadian team)
Previous

Return to Other NHL Talk